Monday, April 8, 2013

Reflection Time


So I've been doing some more thinking ... and I have some more thoughts.  I know ... yikes :)

This last weekend was such an AMAZING weekend.  My husband had some time off so he was actually home, and it was the first time in a while that's it's just been the five of us.  We worked out together every morning, then did some stuff around the house, and spent the evenings at the park.  Today he had a rare day off work so we kept the kids home from school and went to the water park all day ... after doing Insanity in the morning of course.  And this is what got me thinking.

Taking my kids to the park has always been my "break" for the day.  I take them to play so I can chill for a bit and catch up with my peeps or read or whatever.  This weekend though, I didn't even WANT to chill.  I wanted to PLAY with my kids.  This is the first time I can remember in a long time where I have felt like, not only CAN I get up and play with my kids at the park, but I actually WANT to.  This is a new level of fitness for me.  When I first started exercising 6 days a week, it took all my energy.  If I would hold still in the afternoon for more than 5 minutes I would fall into a deep sleep.  Then I adjusted and I have found that it gives me a boost to workout every day.  It gives me what I need to make it through the rest of the day.  But this is the first time I have had tons of energy LEFT OVER after waking up and doing freaking Insanity before 7 a.m., cleaning and doing my regular mom-job, fixing dinner, etc. etc.  I LOVE this new part of my life.  Right now I don't care at all that I still weigh over 200 pounds or that there are fat rolls (although noticeably smaller fat rolls) hanging over the sides of my exercise shorts.  I can run and play with my kids again.  I WANT to run and play with my kids again.  I've done it before, but I always kind of have to force myself back onto my feet after a long day.  Not any more.

Insanity every morning.
THAT's why I do Insanity every freaking morning and make food choices every day that will nourish my body, not just taste delicious and give me calories.  And man is it worth it.  Every single drop of sweat.  Worth it.
Memories every night.

And lots of fun in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment