Thursday, March 7, 2013

Success: To become an object in Motion


 Someone posed an awesome question in one of my Challenge Groups today ... it's awesome enough to share and discuss: What finally changes in someone that keeps them exercising and eating well?? I'm totally bugged with myself. Am I afraid of something??


I don't have all the answers, I still haven't figured everything out yet ... but I know that something HAS changed in me ... and it made me think back and figure out what it was that finally made me change.  And I found the answer: Consistency.  Consistency and a LOT of will power.

So it turns out will power is just another muscle.  You have to use it or lose it.  A physics lesson comes to mind: Objects in motion, stay in motion. Objects at rest, stay at rest.  To become an object in motion that was once at rest, you HAVE TO EXPEND THE ENERGY. Period.  And if you have been at rest for a lot of years, you aren't going to jump right into a new routine and love it.  You can't just make yourself suddenly be in motion.  You push and push and push and push and push.  You fight your old self.  You make decision after decision after decision to stay and fight.  Sure sometimes you slip, but you just pick yourself back up and keep pushing again.  And again.  And again.  And then one day ... you're in motion.  And it gets easier.  And you still push, but now you're stronger and pushing is easier.  

My bestest most importantest advice ... Only fight one battle at a time.  Pick one thing and make it better.  Then when that is easy, pick another.  Then another.  So one little habit at a time you change your whole world.  What battle are you picking today? 



Day
After Day
After Day

After Day
After Day
After Day

After Day
After Day

Fight to be in motion

2 comments:

  1. I think that sometimes the deciding difference is that you have to get to the point where it is TOO painful to not change and then work at making sure that the goal is infused with pleasure, joy, light and all good things. Just my two cents worth! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, I like that. It's true. You find that place where suddenly you know, you HAVE to change. It's time. Boom!

      Delete