Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lesson Learned: Phew

And I'm back.  Phew.  I spent a few hours feeling sorry for myself yesterday.  I mean I really reveled in it!!  I sat down and watched a "feel sorry for myself" chick flick instead of clean the house like I needed to.  Then ... I did some serious soul searching.  I did some more research on how to break a plateau.  And most important, I found my core.  I remembered WHY I am on this journey ... and this is what I came up with.

I love sweat! I do I do!
1) I workout because I WANT to! (Seriously.  I love it.  I didn't always love it, but I powered through until I did and now I need it.)





I mean, awesome right??








2) I wake up so freaking early to workout so I can exercise with my man ... and it's worth it just for that.  Also to have uninterrupted workout time.  I hope that some day our life will be different and we can sleep-in longer and still get to workout together and have uninterrupted workout time, but for now, we do it because it is worth it.

Happy and Ridiculous 

3) I am MORE than what my body looks like.  Yes I sometimes get distracted by how little progress I am making in the looks department, but I am MORE than that.  I am a mother of three incredible children, (who drive me insane, but still, they are mine) I'm the wife of a Marine, (who is almost never home so I enjoy every second we get to be together) I love exercising, hiking, camping, the ocean, friends, family, travel, movies, music, laughing and being ridiculous.




Muscle and a Beach

I'm not ripped, but that is definitely muscle!













4) My ultimate goal is to be more healthy by 35 than I was at 25 ... and health isn't a number on a scale or even how much fat is hanging over my shorts.  It's running and playing and low blood pressure and low cholesterol and healthy blood sugar levels and muscle and happiness.  I have all of those things.

I. Am. Happy.
5) I need to keep my eyes LOCKED FORWARD on my destination of a healthy lifestyle instead of focusing on how many obstacles still stand in my way. (Thank you Chalene Johnson for this one.)

And that's it.  I'm focused.  I found my core.  I'm back.  Phew.

4 comments:

  1. I was really glad to read number three. I was thinking about you all day yesterday, and I was worried you'd forgotten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Amy!
    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete