Wednesday, April 3, 2013

So many thoughts ... so many ...

So much is going though my head today that I want to share.  But I think I'll start with this:

I LOVE EXERCISE!

There. I said it.  Phew.  I feel like I'm in a support group confessing being a traitor or something.  Because I haven't always loved it.  For a lot of years I hated it.  I rolled my eyes at exercise enthusiasts. They bugged me.  But they probably bugged me because deep inside I knew I should be exercising more.  Then I'd get the exercise bug and start working out and it was awesome ... for like 3 days ... then I'd start thinking: This is stupid.  It's too hard.  I can't do this every day for the rest of my life.  I hate skinny people.  I hate that I am the only person in the world (okay, slight exaggeration, but you get the idea) who has to exercise to be thin.  Yuck.  I hate it ... and eventually some legitimate excuse would come up and I'd miss a day, then two, then three and then I'd quit once again.

So when I started my first Beach Body Challenge Group I was excited.  Then I hated it.  I knew I couldn't keep doing it forever but I pushed myself, FORCED myself to exercise 6 days a week because I was a part of a group and I couldn't admit failure to them.  Then one day, I liked it.  It wasn't so bad.  And I know I've shared this part of the story before, but it is leading up to my new revelation ... are you ready for this: I LOVE EXERCISE!!! I'm not kidding.  I'm not exaggerating.  I am one of those annoying people who will do anything to get that workout in every day.  The more I have to do the next day, the earlier I get up to get the workout in because I know I will be lethargic all day without it.  I need it.  I crave it.  It MAKES ME HAPPY.

I find this even more significant based on the fact that I never wanted to be one of those people.  I never wanted to WANT to be one of those people.  And here I am.  To get to this level though, it took over a YEAR of exercising 6 days a week, 45-90 minutes a day.  Consistency.  That was the key.  Every. Single. Day. No. Matter. What.  And now, not only do I 'not mind' doing it, I NEED it.  I LOVE it.  It is a part of my life.  And I LOVE that I am able to enjoy other things more because my body has the strength to do them.  Hiking, swimming, playing with my kids ... all way more fun.  Consistency.  Consistency consistency consistency. Or ... for my fellow Potter Nerds ... CoNSTanT VigILAnce!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment