Friday, January 11, 2013

Side Note: Keep it accessible, visible and healthy

One new thing I've been trying ... Keep healthy snacks where they are accessible, visible, and ready to eat. If we want a less healthy treat, we make it (cookies, brownies, etc.) so I can make it "healthy-er." And it's less accessible. My kids have eaten a lot more fruits, veggies, yogurt, nuts and cheese lately, (and consequently, so have I.) I stopped keeping candy and chips for special treats because they were too freaking easy to grab and eat. I was losing the battle every time with both my kids and myself.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, is this nothing but the TRUTH! I've also found that if I don't "prepare" things right when I get home from the grocery store of after my bountiful basket pick up, then it is more likely that the food will go to waste. It is almost a phenomenon to me as to how this happens. Anyway- for the most part, my kids will eat whatever I have available for them. It takes a little more time, in the long.run, but totally worth every minute! One simple way to make me feel like a good mom. ;-)

    ReplyDelete