Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Success: The 3 Phases

I HATE waking up in the morning.  Every morning.  It bites every single time.  It's easier when my husband is here and he wakes up with me, at least then I'm not alone in my misery.  So I've been working really hard on getting myself pumped in the morning about working out ... but still, I just couldn't get out of bed this morning.  Then at 5:40, ten minutes after my alarm went off when I was still trying to talk myself out of getting up, my friend texted me with a photo of herself, working out with Shaun T (Insanity and Hip Hop Abs crazy person ... I mean creator.)

That did it.  I also had a Shaun T workout to do and I knew I wouldn't be happy with myself if I put it off.  So up I got, and got myself all pumped to workout.  And then the actual workout hit.  Ouch.  The plyometric cardio circuit is a freaking killer.  And I hated the man who thought it up almost as much as I hated everyone else in the whole world who actually LIKES working out! Ugh! Gross!!

And then, once I was done and my breathing had returned to normal and sweat was literally dripping down my face ... the workout high hit me.  I was flying.  And I remembered ... I'M one of those people who loves working out.  ME.  I LOVE it.  I love feeling this way.

So the moral of the story is: 1) Find good friends who keep you accountable 2) Go ahead and hate working out while you're in pain because 3) You know the high is coming and THAT is the part you will love.  And also ... your new muscles.  You'll LOVE your new muscles :)

Phases 1,2, and 3

1 comment: